We have summer employment opportunities for those entering their senior year in high school, college students and beyond to be role models for our campers. If you are interested in becoming part of an amazing team, then Camp Clarita is the place for you!
Hours and Salary:
- Camp Counselor – $14.00/hour up to 35 hours per week
- Recreation Leader – $14.42-$15.30/hour up to 40 hours per week
- Camp Assistant Director – $15.50-$16.45/hour up to 40 hours per week
- Camp Director – $17.28-$18.33/hour to up 40 hours per week
Requirements for all positions:
- Availability from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for the duration of the week program. Actual shifts will vary based upon the needs of the program. Staff is placed at park locations based upon the needs of the program.
- Evidence of negative TB test taken within the last two years. This clearance must be completed prior to the first day of work on June 7, 2021. It is important to note that current CDC guidelines do not allow for a TB test to be given within 28 days of receiving the first or second dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. Final candidates that are unable to provide a negative TB test result and clear the background process by June 7, 2021 may not be eligible to work the summer program.
- First Aid/Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED certification is required within one week of hire.
- Additional requirements, please refer to the job bulletins.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021 at noon
Interview: If selected for an interview, participation in the pre-determined interview process is mandatory. Interviews will be held Saturday, May 8, 2021, from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Candidates who are away at school or out of the area, interviews will be conducted via Zoom the week of May 3, 2021.
Staff Training: If selected for employment, Staff Training is scheduled for June 7-11, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Camp Dates: Monday, June 14 – Friday, August 6, 2021
For further information regarding job duties and qualification or to apply, please visit the City’s Human Resources webpage.